- Our easter Coaching went on sale and sold out in record time so we’re looking forward to seeing all our youngsters back for some fun football across at the astros with Natty, Steven and co.
- Our Mens and Ladies FFIT classes are continuing weekly, we’ve had a good turnout and everyone is full of enthusiasm so we’re looking forward to seeing positive results.
- We’ve carried out an assessment of the ground to look at various options for adding a section for our ever-growing young band of Balmoor bairns to support the team. We appreciate that there are fans who would like to see segregation for all matches however we would rather not go down this route as it does mean an extra catering van and less access to facilities for visiting fans so we would prefer to come up with a solution that suits all, building our young fans their own area may be the way forward.
- CCTV has been installed to cover the perimeter of the stadium; this will hopefully deter any intruders who will now know that they will be caught on camera if they decide to attempt another break-in.
- We welcomed a new addition to our media team. The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed that we haven’t always been able to produce a match report since the November departure of our previous media man, Craig Stewart. We have all tried to cover the matches including our football administrator Ken as well as our match commentator volunteer Curtis Stephen but with other commitments such as work, studying etc, it’s not been easy to have someone dedicated to this for every game. This problem should now be solved as sports writer David has joined our tight-knit media group which should bring more consistency to our match reporting.
- At the beginning of each season our Chairman Rodger sets about the task of selling our Match and Ball sponsorships for every game throughout the year. Ably assisted by Sharon, they both ensure that every home game has at least one sponsor. Although our match day hospitality is renowned throught the football leagues, this is not always an easy sell due to corporate group availability – particularly for the early cup games which coincides with Summer holiday time for most. They have however done another stellar job again this season (both equally adept at grinding folk down to comply ) but we do have a couple of Match Ball sponsorship packages remaining, one of which is on the 8th April against FC Edinburgh. If you want to get a group together to come enjoy a great day out with good food, football and drinks please do give us a call on 01779 478256 to make an enquiry.